11 september 2005

WIJSHEID: Geduld is een schone zaak, of niet?

Once upon a time, there was a prince who was placed under a spell - he may only speak one word each year. But if he saves that single word, he would be able to speak two words the next year. One day, The Prince fell in love with a princess and wanted to tell her how he felt. The only problem was: he could only speak one word each year and that's not enough to express his feelings. So The Prince waited for two years so he could say 'My Darling' to the princess. But by the end of the 2nd year, he thought that wasn't enough to tell her how he felt. Thus, The Prince decided to wait for another three years so he could say 'My Darling, I love you.
But by the end of the 5th year, he felt that wasn't quite enough to express his feelings. The Prince decided to wait for another four years so he could say 'My Darling, I love you. Will you marry me'? After nine years of waiting and maintaining his unrequited love for her, the day finally comes when The Prince would at last be able to share his feelings for her. He took her for a romantic picnic under the moonlight. Around midnight, he led her to the river and held her in his arms and said: "My darling, I love you. Will you marry me?" The princess blushed, looked into his gorgeous eyes, smiled and said one single word..........:
'Pardon?'

Geen opmerkingen: